Monday, December 12, 2011

Care For One Another



I am not sure what my pebble is today.

I want to make sure when I cast it into the pond, it generates rings of peace.

There are so many disruptions happening today.

Our culture has never experienced this.

Rampant greed.

Blatant corruption.

We believe in our Constitution.

But the people we voted for have betrayed us.

So where do we find peace?

Deep within, once more, I suppose.

The deep peace will never betray us because it does
not depend on anyone else.

It does not depend on laws and government.

It does not depend on the economy.

It depends on finding a value that is never negotiable.

A resource that can never be depleted.

True companions and leaders.

This is all within.

This is all rising up to the surface in order to take care of all of us
 in a way that we have never before cared for one another.

This is my pebble.

That we will all realize how much we care for one another and we will do it.

© 2011 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment