Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Listening for My Priorities

I am learning how to not be in conflict with myself.

I am actually starting to listen for my own priorities.

I have had no idea what they were for years and years.

I had gotten into the habit of overriding them.

But now, the opportunity to observe them has arisen.

Boy, am I surprised!

I had no idea what they were.

I have been buried so deep in “responsibilities”, in societal expectations, in obedience and discipline, in “bloom where you are planted.”

Well, those are all right, so far as they go.

But they are not the way to live a life.

My priorities are there because of who I am.

They are the reasons I am here.

They are intended to be expressed.

So now that I have that straight, I think it is going to be all right.


 © 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com


No comments:

Post a Comment