Monday, February 23, 2015

Criticism and Acceptance

I have been looking for a replacement for criticism, and I think I have found it:  Appreciation.

I am thinking of it in terms of building up a paper mache sculpture.

Each strip of newspaper soaked with glue becomes a part of the sculpture.

I can shape it as I go.

It creates smooth layers to build up each feature, and lets me adjust the finer points where I need to.

By contrast, criticism hacks at what I am creating.

It is harsh and unrefined.

The new path I am building for myself is based on self-appreciation and appreciation of others every time I see someone or think about someone.

I am no longer interested in my opinion unless it is appreciative of something about the person.

I reject the years I spent being harshly criticized, and thank the Universe for Its resources in helping me escape to a better place through creativity and engagement in other projects.

Now, I find that the old habit of criticism has run its course.

I am glad to discover another way to live with increasing happiness and appreciation.

I look forward to all those little strips of appreciation I can add to my life-sculpture all along my new path.


© 2015 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment