Friday, December 29, 2017

Choosing Chatter, Choosing Quiet

I knew that I could choose to listen to the chatter going on around me on the media, but I decided to involve myself in the quiet.

I am taking time to notice details in botanical photography from a site I really enjoy.


I continued adding to the warp I am creating on my weaving loom.

I mixed the ingredients I had gathered on my kitchen counter to make almond meal fruit and nut bread.

I have gathered my drawing materials together for a series of cards I am designing.

I am being more consistent about putting compost into a bucket by the back door.

There are many ways to engage in quiet and orderly activities and not to be rushed and pushed.

To follow a routine mindfully is a way to choose quiet.

There are no new decisions to be made.

One is free to listen while moving gently and purposefully.

I can maintain my balance and poise.

I can begin my day in the way I wish to maintain it.

I can continue swimming quietly in an ocean of political and economic upheaval by choosing the option of maintaining my peace.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

www.pebblesofpeace.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment