Monday, April 8, 2013

Little Ripples

Once again, I am given the opportunity to add to the peace and calm or add to the concern.

By my lights, I am not even permitted to add to the concern.

I must add to the peace and calm.

You see, every thought we throw into the ring makes a little ripple.

The more throwing power we have, the greater the ripple.

The media is creating great ripples because of its throwing power.

But I have a little bitty counter.

I know that if I start a ripple from another direction, it will lessen the momentum of the giant ripple.

And so the little bitty ripple that I am starting is this.

I have a little pebble of peace.

My little pebble of peace is my thought that everyone is precious.

I see it in the eyes of little children, their preciousness.

I see it in the eyes of adults when I tell them how much I appreciate what they are doing.

I see it everywhere that i can express gratitude and recognition and support.

And so you see, we all have the opportunity, through our little pebbles of peace, to create many little ripples.

I am so grateful for the many people who add so much to my life.

You, and all of us, are very precious.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment