Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Maintenance of Peace

It is so important to maintain our peace every day, all throughout the day.

Anything, and there are so many things, can unbalance us and cause us to lose our peace.

But we can get it back, even rapidly, when we make peace our priority.

Now, i enjoy my own opinion as much as anyone does, but I know that I often do not have all the information I need for a clear view of a situation.

So, if I find myself feeling outraged, I know that I have not given myself enough information to find out what I need to know.

I can calmly reflect on the situation, and then get more information, and then take action.

To counter many little harassments during the day, I know that I can simply give myself more time.

I do not have to rush.

I can move calmly and be more graceful.

I can be more thoughtful as I go about my business.

I can be more aware.

Taking my time to be aware and thoughtful and graceful allows me to incorporate being calm into my everyday movements and activities.

That way, I am not exhausted from lots of tiny reactions.

I am actually more rested at the end of the day.

© 2016 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment