Monday, January 2, 2017

Reality vs. Illusion

What I see is often different from what is really going on.

ow can I know what someone else is thinking?

How can I now what causes the conclusions they draw?

It is tough enough to know what I am doing in certain situations.

So, when I see something going on, I must back off a little to realize that it is a combination of what everyone in the situation is seeing and doing.

That is a lot of input!

It is coming from totally different situations and awarenesses.

So, what can I do to see through all the opinions and mental contradictions?

I can breathe deeply and go within.

It takes only a moment.

I can pause for as long as I need to, and then listen before I take another step.

The calm atmosphere I draw on this way, places me in a different context from my opinions from a moment ago.

I can see and hear clearly.

That is almost enough for now.

As I stay in this calm space, I may be directed to do something.

I may find myself gently moving in a particular direction.

At any rate, the calmness that I choose is the reality.

It is always there, despite all the illusion of activity.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

www.pebblesofpeace.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment