Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Feeling the Self-Respect Begin to Flow

I have been actualizing my dream for a few years.

I am doing the things I have always wanted to do.

I am learning the things I have always wanted to learn.

Even though I earned a living for many years and ran a household raising several children, this is the first time I am supporting myself.

This is the first time I am respecting and supporting my own needs and desires.

I am feeling a sense of self-respect which goes much deeper than any other kind of achievement or accomplishment.

Just because I got things done does not mean I led a life which allowed me to respect who I am.

Sure, I accomplished what I needed to.

But this is completely different.

I feel so privileged to have persistently desired a goal of my own and done whatever it took to achieve it.

I feel as though I am living a new life.

I am energized and renewed.

What a marvelous new way to live.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment