Saturday, September 2, 2017

Peaceful Contrast

I appreciate a balance of contrasts in my life.

Activity and rest.

Intensity and peacefulness.

Get-togethers and alone time.

The ability to be involved with others or to work intensely on a project employs a different kind of concentration than reflection and meditation.

The feeling of quiet observation creates a different kind of radiant energy than even a walk through Nature.

These differing kinds of focus give me a sense of wholeness and completeness.

I enjoy the balance and contrast.

The feeling which comes from these different kinds of activities satisfies different aspects of my life.

Communication with others in an uplifting way makes me feel good all day.

Reading literature which addresses how to meet the needs of others and learning about the people who do this offers another kind of relief and comfort.

Engagement and reflection, always for the purpose of better understanding, creates a richness and a wholeness in my life.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment