Wednesday, September 5, 2018

The Peace of Meditation

Last night, I slept well and truly very soundly.

Previous nights have found me wakeful.

I have learned to use the wakeful times for meditation.

I used to keep checking the clock and worrying about how much sleep I was losing.

Now, I simply consider what idea to meditate on and just keep doing it, however long it takes, until I am done.

I do not check the clock or worry about my sleep.

I wake up at an appropriate time the next day to do whatever I need to do.

I may catch a nap later in the day or go to bed a couple of hours earlier.

I am really enjoying the ideas which come to me for meditation.

One time it was to infuse the neighborhood with love.

Every time I thought about the neighborhood, I just infused more love into it.

I was very satisfied when I awoke the next morning.

Sometimes, I meditate on an idea from my inspirational study.

It may be a quote from a book of daily readings.

It may be a phrase, or a word.

I continue to think about it, and to let it take me deeper into meditation.

I have discovered that I am okay with the amount of sleep that I get, a lot or a little.

I am glad that I can contribute to my own peace and reassure myself about whatever else comes to mind through my periods of meditation whoever they occur.

© 2018 Kathryn Hardage


No comments:

Post a Comment