Thursday, August 9, 2012

Avoidable Controversy


 
Yesterday, as I was standing on my driveway talking to my organic gardening consultant, a neighbor drove down the alley.

I waved, but did not receive a return wave.

What my neighbor does not know is that I am working mightily to resolve an issue which he and his wife brought to my attention one morning last week.

Without any time for me to address the issue, they took it to that night’s city council meeting.

I received an informative visit from the relevant city department on the following morning.

I have partially addressed the issue, but am still working on the balance on it, requesting and receiving help from lots of people to resolve this in the best way for all concerned.

However, since the neighbor jumped the gun on me by going for outside help with their concerns, I don’t feel that I can communicate with them while I research, discover and take the multiple actions required to resolve the issue.

As soon as I have completed my steps, I will call the city department to report my voluntary proactive work.

They will then communicate my action to the neighbor, and hopefully, all will be well.

The disturbance will be resolved.

It all would have been easier, and much more comforting to all, to think in terms of communication, trust, and the desire and efforts on the part of everyone for harmonious resolution for all of us.

My hope is to contribute to this new paradigm.


© 2012 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment