Thursday, October 10, 2013

Welcome Into My Light


It may be that you have had a negative, horrible, traumatic, awful experience which has continued to scare you and limit you throughout your life.

My solution, through a workshop, was to welcome the perpetrator into my light.

I had wrestled with the consequences for many years and was able to take steps toward my own light.

But I still felt hurt and broken and unable to participate in much of the good I saw around me.

As I realized how hurt and unresourceful, how limited in his ability to experience good, the perpetrator was, I was finally able to realize that I could shine my light upon him.

I had learned about my light and learned how to express it widely and freely and imaginatively.

I had learned how valuable I am, regardless of how I was treated.

I had learned that I am happy, because I know myself to be happy.

I had learned that no one else’s actions could take away from who I am.

I had learned that my right to happiness is a birthright and that I can find it within and it will express itself without.

My perpetrator had never figured out any of this for himself.

Despite his cruel limitations, he, too, has a right to happiness.

As he could not find these for himself, I now know, that I can bring him into my light.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment