Thursday, May 8, 2014

Greater Peace and Purpose

Forgiveness is taking me to a place of greater peace and purpose.

I am gaining a sense of freedom to pursue my goals instead of being shut down by panic and depression.

The old memories and emotions from long-term child trauma have been replaced by actions I can take to move myself forward.

One of the best aids to doing this was Collin Tipping’s Radical Forgiveness Worksheet (http://www.radicalforgiveness.com/pdf/RFWorksheetMarch.pdf

The first step was to be willing to look at the traumatic events in a different way.

Not to look at them differently, just to be willing to do so.

That first step took me off the emotional track.

It gave me something else to do with my mind.

Although I had gotten very accomplished at distracting myself, and that helped, this was an additional step which allowed me to break the emotional circuit, while still being honest about my feelings.

Now, although I do have to deal with an occasional trigger, I am able to regain my poise and sense of direction.

I know my purpose and I am able to continue pursuing it.

Forgiveness has released me from unintentional rehearsal of the past.

I am at peace with myself and my goals.

This is a radical step forward and I am so very grateful.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com


No comments:

Post a Comment