Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Miscommunication?

I was examining a misunderstanding that erupted out of someone else’s crisis.

Communication was rare and welcomed for several years until this unfortunate crisis.

Because so little relationship had been built up under normal circumstances, there was no provision for understanding or comfort.

On one side was waiting, longing for contact and communication.

There was gratitude and relief for crumbs.

On the other side there was opportunity for communication, proximity, frequency.

But these were rarely exercised.

So when tragedy struck, what was offered was inadequate, didn’t measure up, was misinterpreted.

Bashing resulted.

Since this was so deeply disturbing, I took it into deep mediation.

What I discovered was unexpected.

There had been no miscommunication.

What we were experiencing was indeed what was intended.

Selfishness eventually resulted in a lack of comfort even when it was offered.

I am so very sorry.

But I am also so very glad I know that I deserve better friends and relations than this.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage


No comments:

Post a Comment