Sunday, July 31, 2016

Working Peacefully

I am adjusting my pace so that I can work smoothly and peacefully.

When I lived in the city, my productivity depended on me being various places as quickly as possible every day.

Over many years, that kind of pressure takes its toll.

I had to back off because of a health problem and additionally, because my personality suffered so extremely.

Over the three years of healing, I sat on the porch of my cabin in the woods and looked out over the meadow.

I soaked up the peace in the movements of the leaves in the wind.

I felt the calm and the immense power in the air before the storm.

I experienced the joy in the release of the rain and storm’s energy.

I enjoyed the spontaneity of the lightning flashes.

As dark came on gently at other times, I looked through the picture window which took up one side of the cabin, and watched as the fireflies began to gather and fly throughout the meadow.

Creating a balance in my own life is coming now that I have an in-town studio.

I am able to work without hauling all my materials with me.

I have easy access to information without going to a particular place, library or internet cafe.

While I am learning to grow food, I don't have to make a special trip to feed myself.

I am using my new resources to set up a balanced and fulfilling work space with ease of selling and release of products.

I am setting up practice gardens with access to water while working out the best plan for the country gardening resources.

This is allowing me to work peacefully, keep my health and to enjoy the friendships in my many craft and handwork groups.

© 2016 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment