Sunday, August 14, 2016

Divine Calm

I found myself in a room with several people including two whiney little kids.

I watched their mom interact with them, and also an experienced teacher friend.

Their demands were self-indulgent and making everyone else uncomfortable.

I finally reached out and asked myself the question, “What does Divine Calm feel like in this situation?

I just kept asking the question and listening for the answer.

Finally, I realized the volume of the requests had dropped way, way down, and the intrusive activities had moved to another room.

Even though the behavior did not get redirected, it became self-contained.

Everyone else was able to continue conducting their business.

A few minutes later, the children were able to go home.

I have used this question since then several times.

I always reorients me in a different direction.

I have learned not to try to predict results or to direct the action.

The situation always gets taken care of outside of my opinion or interference.

© 2016 Kathryn Hardage
Inspired Practices - FB


No comments:

Post a Comment