Thursday, March 23, 2017

My Solution to Being "Over-Revved"

After a morning of really good, productive work, we picked up our food co-op order and brought it home.

We had planned to do some more activities, but I found that I had “over-revved” myself, and needed to just shut down for a while.

As I calmed down and considered what I had put on the agenda for the rest of the day, I realized that it had quite a few components, more than I really felt prepared to deal with.

So, I just took one of them, food preparation and canning based on our co-op order, plus taking care of an extra crate of about sixty green peppers a neighbor had given us.

I simply curled up with the Blue Book Guide to Canning, and found three recipes that suited our produce box, and then felt relieved enough to enjoy the rest of the day.

Another time, I will make an appropriate “house-warming” gift for a friend’s new quilt store.

Another time, I will pick up supplies for my husband to make me a cheese press.

Another time, I will buy the gallons of raw milk to make the cheese.

I can stay in balance without hurrying or pushing myself over the top.

I can live in a relaxed and enjoyable manner.

I am so grateful to recognize when my body tells me to slow down.

Now that I respect the intelligence of what my body is telling me, I can still enjoy everything else I want to do, without “over-revving” my body’s engine.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment