Sunday, November 19, 2017

Emotional Set Point

I am learning how to set my own emotional level.

It has taken a really, really long time to figure out which feelings are mine instead of feeling all the ones which were imposed on me.

My feelings are just fine, thank you.

They have just been buried so deep, it has taken years for them to surface.

Now that I have found them, I am learning how to maintain them at the forefront my thought instead of falling into the old habitual negative impositions.

What a discovery!

And yes, it takes a lot of work to be sure I am focusing on the ones I want.

My first discovery was through listening deeply to what I really wanted to do.

What is it that I truly love?

I found out what it was and then, despite all the negative impossibilities, I put myself where I could do it.

Since then, I have been learning how to do all kinds of things I have always wanted to do.

It just keeps adding to my new foundation of happiness.

The best discovery of all is that I have the ability to move in the direction of happiness for myself.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment