Friday, November 24, 2017

Threads of Peace

I feel as though I am hanging onto threads of peace as I make my way through the political and economic landscape we are currently facing.

On top of that, we are dealing with the season of even more overt consumption as our nation gets ready for the holidays.

The greed among those who have congressional members doing their bidding is straining democracy and will break it if it continues.

The strain among families is acute.

So, where are my threads of peace coming from?

My mind gets infused with peace when I do the things I love to do.

Enjoying the company of sincere and uplifting people gives me respite.

Healthy, safe organic food that I am learning to cook and grow gives me comfort.

Spending as much time as possible creating beautiful things gives me a great deal of expression.

I know that this is the kind of life we are meant to lead.

If I can come to that conclusion and do what it takes to create that kind of life for myself, there is that ability in each one of us.

As we seek to create a loving and uplifting environment for ourselves, perhaps it will overflow onto our Members of Congress.

Perhaps they will discover a new kind of career in passing legislation which helps everyone uplift themselves.

These are some of the threads of peace which come to me every day.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

www.pebblesofpeace.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment