Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Completing a Task

There is peace which comes upon completing a task.

Sometimes it takes a long time for the elements to all come in focus which allow a task to be completed.

Once it comes into mind, everything will move together at the right time, and completion will become effortless.

This is true for short-term and long-term goals.

It is true for simple tasks and complex tasks.

The right elements will occur in unpredictable ways when least expected and the task will get done.

As a high school cello student, I remember following all the instruction I was given to learn how to create an bowing style called “spiccato”.

For several weeks, I could not get it.

Finally, three weeks after my teacher left for her summer gig, as I was practicing, it just happened.

Everything came together and I was able to play “spiccato”.

I actually remember pulling my bow out just a little farther on the string and that was the moment that created the right balance of all the elements.

Another time, I was given the opportunity to acquire some special materials.

I felt overwhelmed and burdened at the time as well as feeling a certain sense of obligation.

Perhaps a year later, the opportunity came to follow through on the offer when I was least expecting it and under what would certainly have been called adverse circumstances.

Those elements came together in an unusual way and acquiring the materials turned out to be easy and fun.

I was relieved of the obligation at the same time.

When a goal is right and desirable, the Universe will create the opportunities which allow for completion and peace.

© 2019 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment