Monday, March 25, 2019

Being Where I Am

My desire has led me to take on new adventures.

I love following through on a lifelong goal and finding it expansive beyond what I expected.

Because there is so much more to life which we do not see on the surface, new adventures bring deep experiences.

My excitement is turning to peace.

I see why I am here.

I am able to perceive a great and underlying peace in my new places and experiences.

It is as I had hoped.

New views are appearing in front of me every day.

Experiencing daily activities in terms of different values, expressed by architecture, conversation, art, daily walks, how food is served, shows me the same things, but from a different view.

The view is respect and dignity and consideration in the little, daily things.

There is intensity and busyness, but they are to serve real needs.

There is not the excess of corporate oversell.

People walk, everywhere they need to go.

Driving and public transportation is also widely available, but small neighborhoods which are defined by plazas, allow personable interactions.

It is such a relief to be able to relate to persons, not to corporations.

It is such a joy to interact in tiny, human-scale businesses.

Even in large establishments, there are people attending to the needs of the people who enter their doors.

Children are polite and people are unafraid, though aware.

Parents hold the hands of their children, even the older elementary age ones, as they walk on the streets.

Yes, they are keeping them close and protecting them, and yes, the children are willing to be held so.

There are racially and nationally defined neighborhoods, and they are also open to multi-racial and multi-national interactions.

There is not the subservient and raging racial fear which I have only experienced of late where I come from.

My adventure is giving me much more in awareness and appreciation and possibility than I ever expected.

© 2019 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment