Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Finding Contentment

As I develop new skills, I am finding contentment in how they fit into and redefine my life.

With such a supportive community, it is easy to take steps to learn new skills.

This has been happening over and over again each time I explore the next skill.

Experienced folks welcome me in.

Each new welcoming space is a safe place for beginningers.

Each step in the development of a beginner is anticipated and supported.

Each new step is acknowledged and celebrated.

Each step takes me further into the community

As I develop my skills vocabulary, I am repeating a process which has gone on for millenia as women support one another in their many and varied communites.

This is what creates the fabric of a community.

Otherwise, it is just a factory.

I think we are moving away from the factory consciusness of “just get it done” to nurturing awareness.  

I know that I am doing this in my own life.

There are so many places in the world which need a nurturing practice.

The small communities where this exists are the key to rewriting the current societal practices.

We can nurture everyone with respect and compassion and help create the connections which support us all in our work as a community.

Building communities is the most common and natural work since the beginning of civiization.

We can create the nurturing interactive practices of the recent past.

We can find contentment instead of rushing after more and more.

We can practice craftmanship and excellence and be welcoming instead of competitive and harassing.

Through nurturing our skills and the people who develop them, we can live with contentment.

Each one can practice this as we each felt drawn to it.

As we discover what feeds our soul and creates contentment, we can welcome others into our communities.

We can live with contentment throughout our communities.

© 2019 Kathryn Hardage

www.pebblesofpeace.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment