Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Melting Into Peace


 

When we go to our land in the country, I find myself just absorbing the peace.

Looking at the layers of green and the sky overhead expands my feelings so far beyond anything I have been dealing with day-to-day.

It is a gift to feel the Universe so close.

I listen to the bird calls during the day and the coyote calls during the night.

There is a rhythm to the Universe, to Nature.

I watch the trees blowing and listen to the sounds of wind in the high trees.

I hear the rustle of small creatures in the leaves at night.

I use different senses.

At night, I wake up and watch the slow progression of the constellations across the sky.

I feel encapsulated when I return to the city.

But I know another place in the Universe.


© 2012 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment