Monday, May 21, 2018

Establishing Peace in a Garden

It always feels so good to work in the garden.

I love the feel of dirt in my hands.  

The texture and smell are so enriching.

Spending time in nature is calming and energizing.

It is our ancestral first environment.

The more time we can be in touch with natural growing areas the better we feel on a deep level.

Part of the balance of life is the peace we feel participating in activities which are part of the earth.

We patiently observe the first tiny leaves and how individual they are.

And of course, there is the miracle of seeds themselves, becoming active and growing into plants.

The many different shapes and sizes of seeds and plants, the infinite variety, color, smell and patterns offer a restful and peaceful view as they harmonize in the landscape.

I am grateful for the opportunity to observe them close at hand and as I pass them down country roads.

I am glad I am learning to make my garden part of a new practice of peace.

© 2018 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment