Monday, May 21, 2018

New Found Peace

Every day, when I read the news, I find myself getting very upset.

In addition to alerting my congresspersons, and taking action that way, I actively seek out a deeper sense of peace for myself.

I make sure that I am finding something that I am genuinely happy about, or that I respect.

I replace the feelings of betrayal and despair with a conscious uplifting practice.

I am grateful to have so much corruption exposed and to discover many ways of correcting it.

Each time I encounter a problem in my own life, I know there is a solution.

There are so many of us working to create a healthy political environment in order to create healthy practices in our own country.

We do have an active part to play and so many of us are more engaged than we have ever been.

This is a source of peace even as we struggle to turn what appears to be a very strong tide.

My source of peace is my daily practice of turning within to discover my next step of progress for my own life.

I am acquiring new skills, I am interacting with many different communities of wonderful people.

We are all practicing ways of living which uplift and inspire and which create beauty.

These are the long-term actions which create peace in our communities.

These are what our country is built on, honesty and the expression of beauty, and respect for all our people.

© 2018 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment