Monday, August 5, 2013

Feeling the Urge


One of my new tools in practicing more peace in my life is compassion.  This is leading to a more patient approach both with myself and with others.

------------------
I have been prompted more and more to follow the urge to be peaceful.

I am really glad to discover this new tendency in me, since I had tended to be more depressed and despairing and angry in the past.

By following the urge to be peaceful, I give people more room.

I allow for the fact that they may be having a bad day, received bad news, are frustrated in their lives in some way.

They may not yet have the tools to deal with these negative situations in more productive ways.

It has taken quite a long period of commitment for me to learn the new tools which are making my life more productive.

The new tools which I am learning include giving myself time to think about the situation.

I also include the fact that it takes me longer to figure things out with my new tools, simply because I have not had as much practice with them.

I move more quickly to solutions because of my new approach.

I spend much less time in negativity and confusion.

I have discovered my purpose in life, acquired new skills with which to fulfill it, and I love doing it.

So it is well worth finding a way to peace.

I am grateful every time I can be true to that urge.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment