Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Reflection



In Fujikawa’s One Straw Revolution, an account of reforming agriculture in Japan to return better yields through simpler methods, the author talks about the opportunity for reflection during the slower winter months.

One of the things I am able to do as I slow down is to reflect.

It is a peaceful occupation, and allows me to digest and sort out the day’s events.

At the opposite end of the spectrum is the making of lists and crossing off items as they get done.

Both are useful, but I usually reap only the benefits of list-making.

Reflection is a gentle way of preparing for or recounting the day.

It lets me include a meditation which sets me up for listening.

That prepares me for how the day is to go, as well as what it will include.

Some items which were on my list get taken off.  Others come to mind.

Reflection lets all proceed in an orderly and calm way.

Things quite often get done much faster and then there is more time for reflection along the way or at the end of the day.

A different quality of life is able to permeate my being.

I feel more relaxed and as though the day is under better control with reflection.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com


For a printable version of this meditation, please go to:
http://www.inspiredpractices.com/POP/POP/Pebbles_of_Peace/Entries/2013/8/6_Reflection.html

No comments:

Post a Comment