Sunday, August 25, 2013

Keeping My Spirits Up


I used to think there was a point at which everything would be all right forever.

Now, I know that what is constant is the attaining of peace and accomplishment at every step, through every challenge.

And what an interesting life it is!

I have come to associate any heaviness which I feel with world conditions or something that I am reacting to from the past.

The way I lift up my spirits is to consider how I can give.

That was the directive I received several years ago during a time of great challenge and great depression.

As I journaled, I found myself writing in all caps, two lines high, “GIVE MORE!”

So, that has become my first step in lifting myself up, to consider how I can give more.

This has led to developing a new career which I adore, writing Music Books for very young children and beginning musicians of any age (www.MusicandBooksforChildren.com).

It is something which encourages me to learn more interesting skills.  Since I love to teach, I can give more that way.  I can also create more practical things.

With more food skills, (I have learned canning and I am learning how to make fermented foods) and with beginning shop skills (I am learning how to use power tools) and with beginning artist skills (I am learning how to observe Nature), I can communicate with more people.

I can share my love for what I am learning and create ways for others to learn it, too.

When I start writing my inspirational blogs, that starts uplifting me.  I know to continue through as many blogs as it takes until I feel completely happy.

Then I am directed to particular projects to work on.

That creates a completely different kind of flow than a checklist.

2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment