Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Peace Going Into the Holidays

I find myself guarding my peace as the pace picks up for the holidays.

I am making sure that I take my time completing my arrangements as I leave the house so I am not caught up in the franticness of the traffic.

I am remembering that I still have my work to do and that I need peace of mind in order to do it.

I read my spiritual writers to remind me of why I am here.

I take the time I need to do what is important to me.

I do not get pushed around at the prompting of the advertisers who serve their corporate directorates.

I know who I am and who I am taking care of and why, and I choose how to do that.

My celebration is quieter and it is moment by moment.

I notice the atmosphere around me.

I am creating my own.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment