Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Instead of Complaining

I have been practicing peace.

I started more than three years ago as a result of a book study group reading Deepak Chopra’s book, Be Peace.

I decided to do everything possible to keep my mind at peace.

This has not been easy.

But I am not complaining.

It has turned me in new directions so that I look for ways to become productive during times which I could be complaining.

I am getting to where I see a complaint as a little pebble in the road now, instead of this huge boulder thatIi have to scale in order to see how bad it is.

A little pebble in the road is noticeable, but I can keep going in a productive direction.

There are actually lots of little pebbles, and they can get crushed into gravel and form the road bed.

Now, I am travelling toward my goal instead of complaining.

It is a new practice with new resources which come to me when I refuse to complain and instead turn myself in the direction of listening and then taking action.

Lots and lots of listening, and then when I am full, it overflows into action.

Otherwise, I am back to complaining that I can’t get anything done.

So more listening.

Then action.

No more complaints.

© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment