Saturday, January 25, 2014

Superimposing My View

I have the power and the right to superimpose my view over the the ones presented by the news.

I am noticing the difference between my world philosophy (that everyone is precious) and the news stories that report events based on the world philosophy as it is currently practiced, that some people are more important than other people.

It is wonderful to read accounts of businesses and even governments who have adopted practices which value everyone and also value the environment.

Their businesses do better, with lower employee turnover and better profits.

These examples are the advance guard of a better universal practice.

I now feel more comfortable reiterating my philosophy to myself when I hear the old views of competition and war.

We each have the right and ability to value everyone with whom we come in contact.

Lately, when I go through a checkout line in a store and receive my receipt, I tell the checker, “Thanks, I sure appreciate you.”

It always gets a surprised and pleased response.

I like the lift that such a remark gives the person who is helping me.

I like looking for opportunities to express appreciation.

It is easy to express sincere appreciation to people.

I like superimposing that view whenever the opportunity presents itself.

© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment