Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Practicing Calm

Changing from a life of anxiety and depression means building a lot of new habits.

My newest one is sitting still until I can feel the calm.

It’s what I am calling a “light show”!

Getting calmer and lighter means waiting for myself to relax before moving on to the next thing.

I sit and wait to feel the calm and then I get up.

Taking time to feel the calm lets me move with more grace.

It is especially wonderful to be able to move without feeling a habitual drag of dread clinging to me.

There is more light in my life and I am grateful.

I can take the time to feel it.

To see it.

To acknowledge it.

The stuff that happens is minor now, and there are no repercussions.

There is comfort and moving forward.

I like learning my new habit.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment