Saturday, November 19, 2016

Bullies and Solutions

I am not impressed by bullies.

I was bullied so many times, over and over as a kid.

I was a small, smart, white female.

I went to school with other white females and males in the 1950’s.

I used my intelligence to make my own life inside my own head.

I didn’t dare come out into the open or I would get hurt again.

But I kept learning things.

And I was disciplined and obedient, so I got ahead.

I have experienced discrimination and harassment.

But I keep finding solutions internally, reading and studying, and applying my new knowledge.

The blatant and egregious horrors we are experiencing through the media are not where I place my thought.

After I see a few news stories, and feel the emotional outrage against them, I remember how I recreated my life the first time.

I find constructive ways to use my mind and my time.

I worked with colleagues and taught  children from many different backgrounds, languages, belief systems.

They all learned how to read music, my profession at the time.

We can see beyond the emotional upset, and invest ourselves in supportive values of integrity.

So many of us were so deeply moved by the intelligence and compassion of Bernie Sanders.

We can take that positive energy and keep applying it everywhere we live and in everything we do.

When I think of government, I redirect my thought to that good feeling.

I will continue to find opportunities to improve my life and the lives of others by sharing how precious and valuable we each are.

© 2016 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment