Sunday, November 24, 2019

Loss and Gain

I have lost so much; I have gained so much.

During my long healing over a couple of decades, I have lost so many opportunities for family contact.

Durig the same period, I have sifted through so much past abuse and processed it to a fine, thin powder which, broken down, fits thourgh a seive.

That is what the healing has been like.

Tiny, powerful steps to confront long-term egregious crimes against a little girl.

It is sifted, proocessed, healed and released.

Certainly, there continue to be triggers, and emotions and memories which have to be dealt with.

But the actual work is done.

I have a new foundation to build on.

I am moving beyond my past and emerging into doing what I love.

That this is possible is attributable to the input of so many authors, workshop leaders, talented and compassionate therapists and supportive friends.

It is attributable to my persistance because the alternative was unacceptable.

I am in a new place and I am grateful for my new life.

Things connect; I am not filling in for so many gaps.

It is possible to be recognized and valued and appreciated.

It is possible to be happy.

It is possible to live in beautiful surroundings and to feel safe and secure.

It is possible to be around people who enjoy my company and who love me.

With this new foundation, I enjoy the progress I am making.

I am so sorry for the great loss, whch was beyond my control.

Now that I have dealt with so many of the”hidden drivers” of my life, I am hopeful for more reconcilation and healing.

Let all be well for all of us.

© 2019 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment