Friday, December 20, 2013

The Last Stand

Once all the illusions are stripped away, there is only the original lie.

I was surprised at its vehemence and the conviction and strength with which it reacted to deter me from my goal.

But I had built up such a conviction of light, love and a sense of the divine within me that I was only a witness to that battle.

It made its last stand in my mind.

I was shocked and surprised at its hatefulness.

No wonder it had to hide for so long.

If it had been seen and exposed for what it was, it would never have been allowed to stay and work its secret ways into my life.

But pouring in the light and developing the conviction that, despite all I was taught during all the child trauma, I do, indeed, love myself, did defeat the enemy of the first lie.

And I am whole.

I am now on my own calm ground, in peace of my own mind and in peace of surroundings which I choose for myself.

I have that power.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment