Monday, December 30, 2013

Alleviate Suffering Through Forgiveness

When we hurt from someone else’s wrong doing, we are agreeing with their attitude.

We are agreeing that they can be a bully and we can be a victim.

When we disagree with that stance and take ownership of the situation, we can change from suffering to independence and strength and freedom.

How we want to feel is our choice.

Regardless of what has been done in the past, the system seeks to balance itself, whether or not justice is served.

I choose to let the system rebalance according to a different set of laws.

I forgive myself for ever reacting to a bully.

Even when I didn’t know what was hidden in my past and I was reacting to it, I kept working to change my course.

Now that I know more about it, I am glad that I have so much practice in redirecting myself.

I can now make that practice and my choices doubly effective.

I always knew to aim for more happiness.

Now I know how to do so with more clarity.

I have a basis for loving and cherishing myself.

I have a basis for living in peace with myself.

It is disappointing to discover the hidden negative behaviors of people I once knew, but I choose to know myself even better and to love myself even more.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment