Sunday, February 5, 2017

A Reservoir of Peace

When something shocks your world, you can be glad you have a reservoir of peace.

Since maintaining your peace is something you actively cultivate, you have a foundation to stand on.

You may reel for a while, but soon your equilibrium restores itself, because you have made an active practice of peace in your life.

When I hear or see cruelty, I am momentarily shocked.

I have to find a place of peace within in order to contribute something more powerful than outrage.

I have to find a way to add some kind of healing to the atmosphere.

When I revisit deep resentments in memory, I have to reroute myself quickly.

I no longer gain anything from wallowing in old pain.

My practice of peace has gone deeper and deeper and has dissolved so much.

I need to constantly add to it and maintain it.

I want to live peacefully and to be productive.

My reservoir of peace helps me do that.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage


No comments:

Post a Comment