Sunday, February 26, 2017

Healing the Worst Aspects

Even if someone cultivates the worst aspects within you, you can come to a place of healing within yourself.

That is what is happening in American society and in many other societies.

We are learning that there are resources we can all draw on to help each other.

As we observe how an attitude of hatred and intolerance is once again fanning the flames of narrow minds, we can consider how to comfort and broaden them.

The rural area where I have retired supports its historic views.

At times, where I am in conversation, I can share some of my many delightful personal experiences with people of different nationalities and belief systems.

It is a little pebble of peace which I am able to drop into the pond.

It is completely reasonable for people to respond in ways which reach deep down into their historical views.

So I am able to calmly and happily describe my experiences and therefore, my differing viewpoint.

It is not always a good to to do so, so I am considerate of where I am.

I am learning to value this new usefulness which I have found, as I value the healing effects of living in beautiful natural surroundings.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

www.pebblesofpeace.blogsot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment