Thursday, February 16, 2017

Living in a Peaceful Place

With so much turmoil around us in the world, it is important to find a place of peace.

I am learning to go within to listen for a feeling of rest and peace.

As I breathe deeply and relax, the feeling of peace begins to move through my being.

I am learning to let the moments stretch a bit longer.

I used to feel that I needed to use this process in order to get my work done, to accomplish a particular task.

But now, I am learning i can do it for its own sake.

It is enough to be able to feel the comfort of simply being relaxed.

Not the excitement of entertainment.

Not the passivity of suggestion through the media.

Deep, intimate, individual communion within.

I love to do this when I can be surrounded by Nature.

But I can also access a peaceful setting within, wherever I am.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment