Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A Habit of Calm

It is possible to train oneself to a habit of being calm.

This was not how I was raised.

This is not what I practiced while I was raising my own children.

It is what I decided I wanted to be and how I wanted to live.

I began by realizing that I did not need to panic over certain things.

I learned to remain calm in certain situations.

Then I began expanding it to other areas of concern and even anger.

I learned I could be calm then, also, and I could listen for solutions in a calm frame of mind.

Now, many big things which would have pushed me completely over the edge with severe emotional reaction, are met with calm.

From finding what I need in small situations from a calm demeanor, inwardly and outwardly, I have been able to have the expectation that I will find what I need in more disturbing situations.

I always do.

As I continue to remain calm, the solution gently presents itself.

It may take a little while, but, because I know it is there, and because I am preparing a place for it with my calm mind, I am able to receive it every time.

I like this new approach to living.

I certainly enjoy it much more, and I have a much more productive life.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment