Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Time to Heal

As I heal, I realize I am losing my strength to hang on to the past.

Finally, it is wiped out, the pain, and only the peace and happiness remain.

I have done my good work.

I have banished the demons by letting them go.

My act of courage has saved my life.

I have disabled the brainwashing of my abusers.

My life is now big enough to contain all my experiences.

It has become overwhelmingly self-directed.

I live in an attitude of self-care, self-appreciation, self-nurturing.

My care for myself has finally outstripped my care for others.

I can now, at long last, take care of myself.

I have rounded it up a little bit, the active years of abuse, and I can fill in for a start, the next five thousand days, with succeeding happiness.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage


No comments:

Post a Comment