Thursday, May 23, 2019

More Bits of Kindness

My best take on advancing the world is to do more and more bits of kindness wherever possible.

Bits of kindness are always welcome.

It is easy to lift someone up by refraining from criticism and saying something sincerely uplifting instead.

We can be kind to ourselves in little bits by not letting chores accumulate.

Then we have time to enrich our time in ways which please us.

I have begun substituting “I love it” instead of letting silent criticism occur.

Everyone is on a unique path learning the lessons which best apply to their situation.

People who have been hit hardest do not need anything but upliftment.

I can help through donations, encouragement, and recognition of personhood.

Gentleness is a good approach.

Tender consideration of a person’s situation is required.

To which missing elements can I contribute relief?

Personal action, community action, all the way up to public policy is in order.

Microcredit has lifted up million of people out of poverty through the compassionate view that everyone is an entrepreneur.

On an individual level, I have left sandwiches next to passed out drunks.

I have given home-canned food which I carry in my car to homeless individuals who approached me.

I have helped people figure out a better way of doing something, and I have contributed physical labor.

I now allow a lot more space for compassion and patience in may life as a result of this practice.

It allows me to do something in many little ways.

When I am engaged from this viewpoint, I have very little room for criticism.

© 2019 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment