Friday, September 6, 2013

Not Following the Rules


I made a decision based on “Forgiveness” just recently.

Even though I had legal grounds, I decided not to spend the time on a distraction, and instead simply to “forgive” the behavior.

One author I read, describes “forgiving” as giving ahead of time.

So instead of following up on an opportunity to be punitive, I decided to forgive.

Now, I am no longer reminded of any part of the disturbance.

I see the provision of forgiveness as providing me with the opportunity of comfort.

I no longer have to push the errant behavior out of my mind or punish it.

I simply let forgiveness provide the comfort that is needed.

I am feeling the comfort of forgiveness.

I have no idea what anyone else involved is feeling.

But, by not following the rules for punishment that are available to me, I am finding more freedom through forgiveness.

Another writer described the philosophy and practice of forgiveness as the same whether you are forgiving yourself or someone else.

All forgiveness benefits everyone everywhere.


© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPracticescom

No comments:

Post a Comment